4 - 5 May 2017
Location: The Belfry Hotel, Cambroune, Cambridge. CB23 6BW
Contact: To book your place please email Karl Sylvester at Karl.email@example.com
£225 for the entire course (option to attend Day 1 as Foundation for £150)
The aim of this 2 day course is to provide the theoretical background, principles of testing and interpretative strategies for attendees to learn the skills required to provide a quality assured diagnostic spirometry and bronchodilator reversibility testing service. Consideration will be given to differential diagnoses, potential additional investigations required and how to gain access to these services.
Target Audience: Practice Nurses/Nurse Practitioners/General Practitioners/Any other healthcare professional performing spirometry.
Dr Karl Sylvester
Head of Cambridge Respiratory Physiology
Dr Ravi Mahadeva
Senior Clinical Respiratory Physiologist
Mrs Susan Perrott
Lead Respiratory Nurse Specialist
Course programme will include:
· Anatomy & Physiology relevant to spirometry testing
· Patient considerations prior to testing
· Equipment quality control
· Performing quality assured diagnostic spirometry
· Identifying common errors and how to rectify them
· Principles behind bronchodilator reversibility testing
· Interpreting the result with and without bronchodilators
· What’s the differential diagnosis, Asthma vs COPD vs others
· Interpretation of spirometry in complex clinical cases
· Next steps and additional investigations, direct access to services
There will also be practical sessions on performing spirometry, equipment validation and interpretation with the use of case studies.
Our clinical team, that includes our respiratory nurse specialists, will be providing their expertise in applying the results of spirometry testing to potential intervention and management of patients with COPD and asthma.